Ralph Stephen's National and International Committees
National and International Committees:
- JOIDES Ocean Crust Panel, November 1979 to August 1983
Margin Drilling Program, Downhole Measurements Committee
- Ocean Margin Drilling Program, Ships Space Committee
- Associate Editor, Reviews of Geophysics - June 1985 - December 1988
- JOIDES Downhole Measurements Panel - June 1986 - December 1988
- JOIDES East Pacific Rise Working Group - February 1988 - August 1990
- ASA Technical Committee - Acoustical Oceanography - May 1997 - April 2000, May 2004 - April 2010
- ASA Technical Committee - Underwater Acoustics - May 1993 - April 1996, May 1997 - April 2018
- ASA Committee on Education in Acoustics - May 1999 - June 2008
- ASA Specialty Subcommittee on Integrated Acoustic Systems for Ocean
(IASOO) - December 2002 – December 2012
- Ocean Seismic Network Steering Committee - December 1995 - June 2007
- International Ocean Networks (ION) - Participant - 6/1993-5/2007, Chair - 6/2007-6/2011
- IRIS Board of Directors - February 1996 - 2004, Institutional Representative 2004 - 2013
- LDEO-Borehole Research Group Board - December 1998 - October 2003
- AGU Meetings Committee - July 2000 - June 2004
- Associate Editor, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, January 2002 - June 2011
- Chairman of the IODP-Industry Science Program Planning Group, November 2005 - December 2008
- NSERC (Canada) Ship Time Allocations Committee - July 2008 - June 2011.
- Editor, Studia Geodaetica, September 2005 - present.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Geophysical Research, August 2009 - present.